Doing my vegan civic duty...

Here I am, once again, to warn you of culinary danger. I implore you, from the deepest corners of my joyful little vegan heart, not to cook the Vegan Alfreda recipe from Vegan With A Vengeance. You will regret it. Consider yourself warned.

Unfortunately, I had high hopes for this one, expecting against all odds to create a rich, delicious, dairy-free white sauce with fettuccine noodles, which made reality all the more painful. What I ended up with was a strangely brownish-orange, oddly spiced, impossible-to-choke-down pile of crap. Shocking, really, since normally I am thrilled with Isa's recipes. I guess even the best among us have our bad days (fortunately for me, mine don't end up on the pages of a best selling book to haunt me for all of eternity).

So now I am left with a haunting emptiness in my soul - a chasm aching to be filled with rich, creamy white sauce and noodles. Can anyone help? Are there any truly yummy vegan alfredo recipes out there?